Last updated: Friday May 15th
Following continued advice from the UK Government and Public Health England, the British Academy of Jewellery remains closed until further notice whilst the UK remains in lockdown.
The health and welfare of students and staff is the top priority for the British Academy of Jewellery. We are closely monitoring the situation and will continue to post updates as we have them.
2020/2021 term dates
Term dates for the upcoming academic year remain the same with courses beginning throughout the month of September. BAJ is aware that there may be social distancing measures in place and we are working to plan for every contingency to ensure that all courses are as effective as possible. Elements of all courses will be delivered via virtual online learning platforms where possible to minimise the risk to students and staff.
BAJ is currently accepting applications from new and progressing learners to courses scheduled for the next academic year. Interviews for prospective learners are being held via video conferencing. If you are interested in applying please follow this link.
BAJ’s previously scheduled summer and short courses have been postponed due to lockdown but we will be releasing a series of online short courses over the next few months.
All current Diploma courses continue to run and we have taken the following steps to minimise disruption to our students’ learning:
- All SQA Accredited courses are currently delivered via our online VLE Canvas with the use of video conference delivery and teaching sessions. Accredited learning will continue within the published term dates, but online.
- We have adapted face-to-face delivery to online wherever possible effective from March 19th until we are able to return to BAJ workshops in some capacity.
- BAJ closely follows advice of all exam boards and awarding bodies and will make adjustments as seen fit.
Communication with current students
BAJ is communicating regularly with current students by email. Students should check their emails and Canvas messages for the latest updates and contact details of BAJ staff should they have further questions. We are on hand to support you with any safeguarding concerns you may have.
- Public Health England coronavirus information and advice
- NHS website: for common questions about the virus
- UK Government coronavirus action plan
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: travel advice
- UK Council for International Student Affairs: information for international students
- World Health Organisation coronavirus advice