• Experiment with opaque and transparent enamels on copper
• Develop an understanding of the wide range of techniques and processes used to enamel jewellery and metals
• Produce your own design
• Small group sizes
Discover the ancient techniques of enamelling by experimenting with opaque and transparent enamels on copper. You will gain an understanding of the wide range of techniques and processes used to enamel jewellery and metals. Throughout the course you will produce a series of test and exploratory pieces culminating in a design of your own.
- The basics of using vitreous kiln fired enamels
- How to wash and grind enamels
- Wet packed technique
- Sifting technique
- Selective application techniques
- No prior knowledge and skills are necessary for this course
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals in the jewellery industry
- Current students in jewellery related courses
- Anyone who has an interest in learning the ancient technique of enamelling
Duration: 2 days
Dates: July 14th-July 15th, 2020
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Beginner Enamelling Techniques Certificate
On completion of the beginner level course, we highly recommend taking our Enamelling for Intermediates course to gain a more in-depth, technical understanding of enamelling. The British Academy of Jewellery also offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in an area such as diamond grading and gemstone studies. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂