• Learn with the world’s leading diamond company, De Beers Group Institute of Diamonds
• Online learning platform
• Flexible learning – fit your study around work
• Gain unique insight into De Beer Group’s best technology and processes
The Diamond Foundation Course is a perfect overview of the entire diamond pipeline for retail staff, or for those simply wishing to extend their current level of expertise into new areas.
This is an online course using a bespoke website, designed by De Beers Group Institute of Diamonds to bring a more interactive learning experience to students.
- Diamond growth and properties
- Travel to the surface and exploration
- Diamond mining and recovering
- Rough sorting and pricing
- The polished 4Cs
- Cutting and polishing
- Jewellery design, marketing and retail
- Synthetics diamonds, simulants and treatments
Who should take this course?
- This entry-level course is designed for those who wish to gain an overview of the entire diamond pipeline, directly from the world’s leading diamond company.
Tutor: This course is provided in partnership with the De Beers Group.
Duration: Distance learning over a four-month period. Within each module there are chapters that break the learning down into bite-size pieces with chapter study lengths, ranging from 10 to 30 minutes on average, enabling you to study at your own pace.
Price: Please inquire for more information
Qualification: Certificate of Completion for the Diamond Foundation Course from De Beers Group
On completion of the foundation level course, we highly recommend progressing onto the Synthetic Diamond Detection Course in partnership with De Beers Group to gain a more in-depth, technical understanding of diamonds. Students can also opt to top up their learning by attending a separate 1 day ‘Introduction to the 4Cs’ laboratory workshop, to gain hands on experience working with diamonds.
The British Academy of Jewellery also offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in an area such a CAD and gemstone studies. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂