• Discover how to value a diamond
• Learn with diamond expert, Graham Tom who has over 35 years experience in the jewellery industry
• Develop your skills for a career in selling diamonds
• Small group sizes
This course is an adventure beyond the romance and myths of diamond. You will be introduced to all fundamentals of diamond grading beginning with Rough Diamonds, the start of diamonds magic journey from rough to polished gem with an understanding of the varying yield of polished diamond. You will become familiar with the 4C’s, the variables that govern value of a diamond which include Colour, Clarity, Cut and Carat Weight. You will also understand the importance of fluorescence, and learn the importance of ideal proportions of differing cuts of diamond and an understanding of the variance of brilliance of diamond, which will reveal the majestic fire and unique sparkling character of diamond. You will be acquainted with Diamond Grading Reports and the various enhancement of diamond will be explained and the course finishes with how to differentiate the various diamond simulants that appear to look like diamond.
On our intensive two day short course you will learn everything you need to know to begin a selling diamonds career enabling you to speak the language of diamonds confidently to clients, suppliers and brands.
- Introduction to 4C’s; Rough Diamonds
- Colour: The importance of the white light, fluorescence and master stones for grading.
- Clarity: The nature of the internal characteristics and description of inclusions.
- Cut: History of different cuts, the concept of proportions and the challenge of polishing to maximise the brilliance.
- Carat: Evaluating weight and size.
- Treated, synthetic and diamond imitation.
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals in jewellery industry looking to gain knowledge and expertise
- Current students enrolled in jewellery related courses
- Professionals or students wishing to start a selling diamonds career
Course Dates: 23rd to 24th February 2019
Tutor: Graham Tom has over 35 years experience in the jewellery industry. He is a diamond and gemstone broker, bespoke jeweller, registered valuer, and an expert witness.
Duration: 2 days
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Diamond Grading for Beginners Certificate
On completion of the beginner level course, we highly recommend taking our Diamond Grading for Intermediates course to gain a more in-depth, technical understanding of diamonds. The British Academy of Jewellery also offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in an area such a CAD and gemstone studies. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂