This course is designed for students seeking a vocationally oriented higher education qualification available after two years full-time study. It will also appeal to mature students re-entering higher education. The vocational orientation of the programme is achieved via an applied and contextualised approach to learning. A future-oriented curriculum combined with a focus on enterprise, entrepreneurship and business sustainability help to prepare students to make a valuable contribution in the workplace and wider community. The programme also encourages the development of lifelong learning skills and instils the values of global citizenship.
The Pearson BTEC HND Diploma in Business is a two-year programme of specialist work related study that helps build essential practical skills, knowledge and understanding, alongside personal and professional proficiency. The programme is an ideal choice for students seeking a cost-effective and relevant route to a degree or those going straight into employment following successful completion of HND.
- Unit 1 Business and the Business Environment (15 credits)
- Unit 2 Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
- Unit 3 Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Unit 4 Management and Operations (15 credits)
- Unit 5 Management Accounting (15 credits)
- Unit 6 Managing a Successful Business Project (15 credits)
- Unit 8 Innovation and Commercialisation (15 credits)
- Unit 9 Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits)
To make up the total of 16 units, a further 7 units will be taken in the HND year 2. The list below contains units to be studied.
- Unit 11 Research Project (30 credits)
- Unit 12 Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- Unit 27 Identifying Entrepreneurial Opportunities (15 credits)
- Unit 28 Launching a New Venture (15 credits)
- Unit 29 Managing and Running a Small Business (15 credits)
- Unit 32 Business Strategy (15 credits)
- Unit 42 Planning for Growth (15 credits)
* Please note a new BTEC Higher National Diploma Business (2021) specification, is replacing this (2016) qualification. Last registration date 31 August 2021.
You must be over 18 years of age. You must also have:
• Level 3 qualification (60 credits or above), preferably in Business.
• GCSE maths and English (grade 4-5 (C) or above, or Level 2 equivalent to CEFR level B2 (CEFR – The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). (Exempt where applicant has completed a 60 credit Level 3 Course in Business in the UK)
• Mature applicants without formal qualifications require 2 or more years work experience in related field, personal statement, English and maths assessment equivalent to CEFR level B2.
• A Level 3 qualification (30 credits or below), plus English language skills will be assessed by the College through initial assessment equivalent to CEFR level B2.
There will also be a one-to-one interview session to understand students’ motivations to learn.
Per year (2021/22) £6,000*
*(Additional £80 per year to cover Unit Innovation Project costs)
Qualification Code: 601/8364/0
Study Type: Full time
Academic Level: Level 5
Course Fee: £6,000 (per year)
Award: HND Business: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
Awarded by: Pearson
Course Length: 2 years
Teaching Weeks: 30
Teaching Hours: 21 (12 hours per week, plus 9 hours independent study)