• Develop your knowledge further in a range of setting techniques and skills
• Build on basic setting skills
• Small group sizes
This three day setting techniques for intermediates short course is aimed at either practising jewellers wishing to refine and build on their stone setting skills or students who have completed the beginners setting techniques short course at the British Academy of Jewellery.
Small class sizes and discussion of theory as well as practical application allow for not just a fast progression but also a deeper understanding of the processes involved in traditional setting technique.
- Tool making
- Rub over setting Marquise stones
- Flush setting shaped stones square princess cut and Marquise cuts
- Grain setting
- Star setting
- Have beginner jewellery manufacturing skills or
- Have completed the BAJ short course “Setting Techniques for Beginners”
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals in jewellery industry looking to gain knowledge and expertise
- Current student enrolled in jewellery related courses
Course Dates: 10th – 12th July 2019
Tutor: Stephen Barnett
Duration: 3 days
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Setting Techniques for Intermediates Certificate
The British Academy of Jewellery offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in area such a CAD, gemstone studies and enamelling. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂