This is truly a CAD technician’s course for working professional jewellers. Using Gemvision Matrix, this course is designed to turn those with basic drawing and jewellery bench skills into professional quality jewellery CAD technicians.
Tutor: To be confirmed.
- Creating 2D drawings in Matrix
- Essential 3D modelling commands in Matrix
- Strategies for CAD modelling in Matrix
- How to create photorealistic renders of CAD models for sales, or to build a portfolio
- Steps to make a plastic 3D prototype of a design
Who should take this course?
- Students who already have a basic foundation in jewellery design and manufacturing techniques
- Industry professionals and working jewellers wishing to fill gaps in knowledge
- University graduates wishing to continue their studies to include CAD/CAM into their practice or skills portfolio
Entry requirements: Proven experience of jewellery manufacturing and design. Minimum level of knowledge in using a PC including the ability to easily create and manage multiple folders in Windows, send an e-mail with an attachment, along with being able to copy and paste text in Microsoft Word.
Course Dates: Enquire now for future course dates
Duration: To be confirmed
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Matrix CAD Intensive for Beginners Certificate
Progression: On completion of the beginner level course, we highly recommend taking our Matrix CAD Intensive for Intermediates course to gain a more in-depth, technical understanding. The British Academy of Jewellery also offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in an area such as diamond grading and gemstone studies. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
For more information and to register for the course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂