This course is a venture beyond the romance and myths of diamond. You will be introduced to all fundamentals of diamond grading starting from the understanding of how each of the 4C’s variable combine to enhance and govern the final value of a diamond, including the added benefit of how to recognise treated diamonds and how to distinguish diamond simulants. You will also get familiar with the concepts of fluorescence and ideal proportion, you will be taken through the process of cutting different shapes of diamonds from rough, and finally, how to achieve the polish look which reveal the majestic and unique sparkling character of the diamond.
On our intensive two day short course you will learn everything you need to know to begin a selling diamonds career enabling you to speak the language of diamonds confidently to clients, suppliers and brands.
Tutor: Graham Tom is a fourth generation diamond expert. He is a registered valuer and bespoke jeweller with over 30 years experience.
- Introduction to 4C’s
- Colour: The importance of the white light, fluorescence and master stone for grading.
- Clarity: The nature of the internal characteristic and description of inclusions.
- Cut: History of different cuts, the concept of proportion and the challenge of polishing to maximise the brilliance.
- Carat: Evaluating weight and size.
- Treated, synthetic and diamond imitation
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals in jewellery industry looking to gain knowledge and expertise
- Current student enrolled in jewellery related courses
- Professionals or students wishing to start a selling diamonds career
Entry requirements: No prior knowledge and skills are necessary for this course
Course Dates: 24th to 25th November 2018
Duration: 2 days
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Diamond Grading for Beginners Certificate
Progression: On completion of the beginner level course, we highly recommend taking our Diamond Grading for Intermediates course to gain a more in-depth, technical understanding of diamonds. The British Academy of Jewellery also offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in an area such a CAD and gemstone studies. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
For more information and to register for the course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂