Our intermediate level in diamond grading is designed to give you a more in-depth understanding of the 4C’s, as the variables that combine to govern the overall value of a diamond, as well as the skills to evaluate a diamond cut and proportion. This course is for you if you would like to gain the technical expertise needed to begin professionally buying and selling jewellery with diamonds set. You will also learn how to interpret a GIA Diamond Certificate and understand of the value of diamond, you will also develop knowledge on diamonds pricing mechanism and how to decode Rappaport Pricelist. Finally, you will also learn about the hue, intensity and saturation of fancy colour diamonds, making sure that you will reach confidence and fluency on how to speak the language of diamonds with customers, suppliers, and vendors.
Tutor: Graham Tom is a fourth generation diamond expert. He is a registered valuer and bespoke jeweller with over 30 years experience.
- Introduction to 4C’s and diamond yeld
- Colour: The importance of the white light, fluorescence and master stone for grading.
- Clarity: The nature of the internal characteristic and description of inclusions.
- Cut: History of different cuts, the concept of proportion and the challenge of polishing to maximise the brilliance.
- Carat: Evaluating weight and size.
- Treated, artificial, synthetic and diamond imitation (distinguish Moissanite and CZ)
- Fancy colour diamond, intensity and saturation
- GIA certificate, Rappaport Price List/Rapnet
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals in jewellery industry looking to gain knowledge and expertise
- Current students enrolled in jewellery related courses
- Those wishing to start a career in selling diamonds
Entry requirements: Prior certificate in BAJ Diamond Grading for Beginners required. Prior jewellery knowledge may be advantageous.
Course Dates: Enquire now for future course dates
Duration: 2 days
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Diamond Grading for Intermediate Certificate
Progression: Our Gemstone Studies intensive short course complements our diamond grading course perfectly, giving you a holistic technical understanding of popular stones used in jewellery making today. The British Academy of Jewellery also offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in area such a CAD and enamelling. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
For more information and to register for the course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂