This course is for those who have already been introduced to the alchemy of enamelling and have already gained some skills and understanding on how colour and texture ca be translated into metal through enamel ancient techniques. During the course you will expand your knowledge of how to incorporate enamel as a decorative feature in your jewellery and small scale silver object. You will be supported towards the production of a pair of silver earrings and the focus will be on further developing and building of skills working towards independent practice.
Tutor: Kate Rieppel
- Confidence of using vitreous kiln fired enamels
- Washing and grinding techniques
- Wet packed and sifting technique on a variety of surfaces
- Advanced selective application techniques
- Achieving successful fairing on copper and sterling silver
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals in the jewellery industry
- Current students in jewellery related courses
- Anyone that has already been introduced to use of colour in jewellery industry and wish to progress onto the next level of knowledge and practices.
Entry requirements: Prior certificate in BAJ Enamelling for Beginners required. Prior jewellery knowledge may also be advantageous.
Course Dates: Enquire now for future course dates
Duration: 3 days
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Enamelling for Intermediate Certificate
Progression: The British Academy of Jewellery offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in areas such as CAD, Diamond Grading and Gemstone Studies. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
For more information and to register for the course, please contact email@example.com
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂