This is truly a CAD technician’s course for working professional jewellers. Using Gemvision Matrix, this course is designed to turn those with basic drawing and jewellery bench skills into professional quality jewellery CAD technicians. A progression from the BAJ Beginner Matrix CAD Intensive course.
Tutor: To be confirmed
- Review of solid modelling techniques in Matrix
- Design Research and Development Process, including Planning and Legal Standards
- Learning surface editing, including inlay, filigree, and surface sculpting tools
- Learning T-Splines organic modelling plug-in
- Advanced rendering techniques with Matrix
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals or students who have already completed the Beginner Matrix CAD course or have equivalent experience in either Rhino CAD or Matrix
- Industry professionals and working jewellers wishing to fill gaps in knowledge.
- University graduates wishing to continue and refine their studies in CAD for jewellery design.
- Proven experience of jewellery manufacturing, design and some CAD
- Minimum level of knowledge in using a PC including the ability to easily create and manage multiple folders in Windows, send an e-mail with an attachment and be able to Copy and Paste text in Microsoft Word.
- Completion of the BAJ Level 4 Jewellery Manufacturing Diploma, or proof of equivalent or better knowledge of design drawing, jewellery manufacturing, and wax carving.
- Completion of the BAJ Matrix Intensive for Beginners course, or proof of equivalent or better knowledge in the subject.
Course Dates: Enquire now for future course dates
Duration: To be confirmed
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Matrix CAD for Intermediates Certificate
Progression: The British Academy of Jewellery offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in area such a CAD, gemstone studies and enamelling. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
For more information and to register for the course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂