This is truly a CAD technician’s course for working professional jewellers! Using Gemvision Matrix, this course is designed to turn those with basic drawing and jewellery bench skills into professional quality jewellery CAD technicians. A progression from the BAJ Beginner Matrix CAD Intensive course.
Topics covered to include:
- Review of Solid modelling techniques in Matrix
- Design Research and Development Process, Including Planning and Legal Standards
- Learning surface editing, including Inlay, Filigree, and surface sculpting tools
- Learning T-Splines organic modelling plug-in
- Advanced rendering techniques with Matrix
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals or students who have already completed the Beginner Matrix CAD course or have equivalent experience in either Rhino CAD or Matrix
- Industry professionals and working jewellers wishing to fill gaps in knowledge.
- University graduates wishing to continue and refine their studies in CAD for jewellery design.
Level: Intermediate (with proven experience of jewellery manufacturing, design and some CAD)
- Minimum level of knowledge in using a PC including the ability to easily create and manage multiple folders in Windows, send an e-mail with an attachment and be able to Copy and Paste text in Microsoft Word.
- Completion of the BAJ Level 4 Jewellery Manufacturing Diploma, or proof of equivalent or better knowledge of design drawing, jewellery manufacturing, and wax carving.
- Completion of the BAJ Beginner Matrix course, or proof of equivalent or better knowledge in the subject.
Course Length: Mon – Tues 19th and 25th June, 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th July
Course Fee: £1200
Successful completion of this course earns the student a British Academy of Jewellery Official Certificate of Completion.
For more information or a full course prospectus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
International learners please contact email@example.com
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂