During this course in wax carving practice and casting theory for jewellery you will be introduced to a range of carving techniques and casting knowledge. You will gain first-hand experience of wax carving as applied by jewellers and will be supported with the creation of a bracelet link suitable for casting.
Tutor: Vicky Morris
- Understanding types of wax
- Preparing wax for carving
- Carving techniques
- Preparing and finishing wax for casting
- Casting theory
- Understanding shrinkage
- Understanding surface defects in castings
Entry requirements: No prior knowledge or skills in jewellery required.
Materials to bring to the course:
- Hair band (if you have long hair)
- Sensible footwear (no open toe sandals)
- Sensible clothing (no skirts or dresses, clothing to protect your skin in the workshop)
Course Dates: Enquire now for future course dates
Duration: 3 days
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Wax Carving and Casting Certificate
Progression: The British Academy of Jewellery offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in areas such as CAD, Diamond Grading and Gemstone Studies. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
For more information and to register for the course, please contact email@example.com
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂