• Develop your knowledge with the world’s leading diamond company, De Beers
• Led by industry specialists
• A combination of practical and theoretical work
• Laboratory based setting to provide the ideal study environment
This one-day course is conducted by experts who provide a deep dive into this critical subject. Using the best research, insight and technology that the De Beers Group has to offer, the course consists of a combination of theory and practical work.
- Review HPHT and CVD production methods.
- Learn techniques to highlight specific identification features in use.
- Deep-dive in the full suite of De Beers screening and verification instruments.
- Study a wide range of products including HPHT and CVD Synthetic Diamonds, Simulants and HPHT treated materials.
- Apply the knowledge gained commercially, to inform business decisions. This includes employing testing and referral services or the purchase of new instruments to control in house operations.
Who should take this course?
- Those responsible for diamond purchases and pipeline integrity procedures
- Managers responsible for key purchasing decisions regarding detection equipment or diamond support services (i.e. referral or melee testing services)
- Higher level management responsible for the cascade of training and development within organisations to front-line staff within retail
Course Dates: Enquire now for future course dates
Tutor: This course is run in partnership with De Beers Group. Tutors will be travelling from the De Beers Technologies Research Facility.
Duration: 1 day
Location: Maidenhead, other international locations are available
Price: Please inquire for more information
Qualification: Certificate of Completion for the Synthetic Diamond Detection Course from De Beers Group
The De Beers Group offers additional opportunities to progress in-depth study with an advanced, Polished Diamond Grading Course. Interested students are encouraged to contact our recruitment team to discuss.
The British Academy of Jewellery offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in an area such a CAD and gemstone studies. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂