• Gain an understanding and develop your knowledge of the watch industry.
• Learn from industry experts.
• In partnership with the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie (FHH)
The Watch Essentials course, offered in partnership with the FHH, provides a basic theoretical understanding of various themes; history of watchmaking, actors, trends and market, terminology and understanding of the mechanical movement, introduction to watchmaking complications and iconic watches.
- Introduction to the FHH, including mission and partner brands
- Introduction and structure of the watch market
- Discover the history and tradition of the watch
- Look at the development of innovation and creativity of the measurement of time
- Master the terminology to describe a watch
- Learn how mechanical movement works
- Discover complications
- Develop knowledge in the visible elements of the watch
- Gain knowledge in the different materials
- Learn about finishes and decorations
- Look at the goals and objectives of Swiss Made watches, along with precision and water-resistance.
- Develop knowledge in iconic watches
- Discover trends of the year
- Exam on completion of the course
Entry requirements: No prior knowledge and skills are necessary. The course is also suitable for those working within the watch industry who would like to develop their skills.
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals in watch industry looking to gain knowledge and expertise
- Current students enrolled in jewellery related courses
- Individuals wishing to pursue a career in the watch industry
Course Dates: 23rd to 24th September 2019
Tutor: To be confirmed
Duration: 2 days
Qualification: The FHH Watch Advisor Certificate.
On completion of the Watch Essentials course, you will have acquired the professional knowledge required to work within the watch industry. You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in the watch industry by progressing onto our FHH Watch Specialist course. The British academy of Jewellery also offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skillset.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂