• Gain in-depth, theoretical training around various themes in watchmaking.
• Learn from industry experts.
• In partnership with the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie (FHH)
The Watch Specialist course, offered in partnership with the FHH, provides an in-depth theoretical training around various themes: brand values, watchmaking history, complications, materials, an introduction to the craftmanship, trends and new products.
Customer-orientated, this course allows those working in the industry to apply this new knowledge through a variety of activities and role-play.
- Introduction to the FHH, including mission and partner brands
- Introduction to brands’ values
- Discover the history and tradition of the watch
- Explore astronomy
- Learn about measuring short intervals
- Discover how watches are inspired by everyday life through time zones.
- Retrograde and Jumping Display
- Introduction to Tourbillon
- Sounding Watches – Introduction to Alarms
- Develop your knowledge in high tech materials
- Analyse Métiers d’art
Entry requirements: Some experience or knowledge of the watch industry would be beneficial for this course. The course is suitable for those working within the industry who would like to develop their knowledge and skills.
Who should take this course?
- Those who have completed the FHH Watch Essentials course
- Working professionals in watch industry looking to develop their knowledge and expertise
- Current student enrolled in jewellery related courses
- Individuals wishing to pursue a career in the watch industry
Course Dates: 5th to 6th June 2019
Tutor: To be confirmed
Duration: 2 days
Qualification: The FHH Watch Specialist Certificate
On completion of the Watch Specialist course, you will have acquired the professional knowledge required to work within the watch industry. The British Academy of Jewellery also offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skillset in area such a CAD and gemstone studies. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂