• Develop an understanding of wax carving techniques
• Explore casting theory
• Small group sizes
During this course in wax carving practice and casting theory for jewellery you will be introduced to a range of carving techniques and casting knowledge. You will gain first-hand experience of wax carving as applied by jewellers and will be supported with the creation of a bracelet link suitable for casting.
- Understanding types of wax
- Preparing wax for carving
- Carving techniques
- Preparing and finishing wax for casting
- Casting theory
- Understanding shrinkage
- Understanding surface defects in castings
- No prior knowledge and skills are necessary for this course
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals in the jewellery industry
- Current students in jewellery related courses
- Anyone who has an interest in learning wax carving techniques
15th – 19th July 2019
22nd – 26th July 2019
Tutor: Eleni Zolia / Vicky Morris
Duration: 5 days
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Wax Carving and Casting Certificate
The British Academy of Jewellery also offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set in an area such as diamond grading and gemstone studies. We also provide a Jewellery Diploma Programme, which will equip you with all the knowledge and skills you need to design, make and sell jewellery.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂