• Develop an understanding of wax carving techniques
• Explore casting theory
• Small group sizes
During this course in wax carving practice and casting theory for jewellery you will be introduced to a range of carving techniques and casting knowledge. You will gain first-hand experience of wax carving as applied by jewellers and will be supported with the creation of a piece suitable for casting.
- Understanding types of wax
- Preparing wax for carving
- Carving techniques
- Preparing and finishing wax for casting
- Casting theory
- Understanding shrinkage
- Understanding surface defects in castings
- No prior knowledge and skills are necessary for this course
Who should take this course?
- Working professionals in the jewellery industry
- Current students in jewellery related courses
- Anyone who has an interest in learning wax carving techniques
22nd – 26th July 2019
Duration: 5 days
Qualification: British Academy of Jewellery Wax Carving and Casting Certificate
The British Academy of Jewellery also offers a diverse range of specialist intensive courses to help individuals develop their jewellery knowledge and skill set.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂