As an aspiring jeweller; equip yourself with the skills needed for employment as an apprentice in the jewellery industry.
- Designed with employment skills in mind, the PJI course allows you to gain not only technical knowledge and real practical experience in a classroom-based environment; but also, the opportunity to develop personally, whilst exploring customer service and functional skills.
- Providing you with the required skills to be work-ready and technically proficient when you enter into the jewellery industry or progress onto our Level 3 qualification.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
International learners, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry Level 3 Functional Skills.
- You will need to have attained GCSE at grade C in Maths and English or require Functional Skills at Level 1 or 2, the course will not include any GCSE delivery.
- Prior experience or qualifications are not mandatory.
- Course dates: The PJI course in London will start in September 2019, three days per week. (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Functional skills will be delivered as a module for the first four weeks, followed by a blended learning programme of jewellery manufacture, personal development and customer service classes delivered in our workshops in London or Birmingham.
- Work experience is completed in weeks 20 and 21 of the course.
- Level 2 SQA Diploma in Jewellery Manufacturing.
- Maths and English Functional Skills [please note if you already hold the transferable skills GCSE A-C in accordance to the guidelines of SASE then you are eligible for exemption. Therefore, you will not be required to complete this module].
- Level 1 Personal Development for Employability Certificate.
- Level 2 Customer Service.
- Exhibition of your portfolio of work to employers to secure a work experience place.
- 6 days of work experience.
- Course duration: 6 months.
Upon successful completion of our Preparation for the Jewellery Industry programme, you will have acquired the skills and knowledge to enable you to progress onto further study, an apprenticeship or into employment.
Foundation Diploma in Jewellery Design and Manufacturing
Our industry-recognised Foundation Diploma in Jewellery Manufacturing and Design enables you to develop the high-level craft skills, knowledge, design and rendering skills you need to produce professional quality pieces.
Course duration: 10 months
Work experience with renowned jewellery companies such as:
Hockley Mint / Weston Beamor / Brown & Newirth / Centre Jewellery / Signet / Davran / Domino / Genius of the Lamp / Wedds and Co.
For more information contact Rosina.Arena@baj.ac.uk or click below.
The British Academy of Jewellery is the only provider of Apprenticeships specialising in jewellery in the UK.
For further information on our Apprenticeship opportunities please speak to Lili Capelle, our Head of Apprenticeships or email: email@example.com
Throughout your studies at BAJ we will introduce you to our close relationships with small and large employers, and key industry experts in the field, putting you at the forefront of the jewellery industry in the UK and globally.
For latest opportunities in the Jewellery industry visit: benchpeg.com
For those who are unsure of their next steps take a look at National Careers Service for impartial information, advice and guidance.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂