As an aspiring jeweller; equip yourself with the skills needed for employment as an apprentice in the jewellery industry.
- Designed with employment skills in mind, the PJI course allows you to gain not only technical knowledge and real practical experience in a classroom-based environment; but also, the opportunity to develop personally, whilst exploring customer service and functional skills.
- Develop a variety of intermediate skills in jewellery manufacturing including silversmithing and allied trades in a safe environment. This will include making a chain, a hollow ring and a domed pendant.
- Providing you with the required skills to be work-ready and technically proficient when you enter into the jewellery industry or progress onto our Level 3 qualification.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
International learners, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry Level 3 Functional Skills.
- You will need to have attained GCSE at grade C in Maths and English or require Functional Skills at Level 1 or 2, the course will not include any GCSE delivery.
- Prior experience or qualifications are not mandatory.
- Course dates: The PJI course in London will start on the 14th January 2019, with three days per week. (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Functional skills will be delivered as a module for the first four weeks, followed by a blended learning programme of jewellery manufacture, personal development and customer service classes delivered in our workshops in London or Birmingham.
- Work experience is completed in weeks 20 and 21 of the course.
- Level 2 Diploma in Jewellery Manufacturing.
- Maths and English Functional Skills [please note if you already hold the transferable skills GCSE A-C in accordance to the guidelines of SASE then you are eligible for exemption. Therefore, you will not be required to complete this module].
- Level 1 Personal Development for Employability Certificate.
- Level 2 Customer Service.
- Exhibition of your portfolio of work to employers to secure a work experience place.
- 6 days of work experience.
- Course duration: 6 months.
Upon successful completion of our Preparation for the Jewellery Industry programme, you will be given the opportunity to progress towards our Level 3 apprenticeship or diploma. We are already working with key employers looking to recruit young people as an addition to their team.
Level 3 qualification:
Our industry-recognised Level 3 Jewellery Manufacturing and Design qualification helps you develop the high-level craft skills, knowledge, design and rendering skills you need to produce professional quality pieces.
Course duration: 18 months
Work experience with renowned jewellery companies such as:
Hockley Mint / Weston Beamor / Brown & Newirth / Centre Jewellery / Signet / Davran / Domino / Genius of the Lamp / Wedds and Co.
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂