Learn the fundamentals of professional jewellery manufacturing and design, in the most technically comprehensive and practical beginner’s jewellery design and manufacturing course in the UK.
During this accredited course, students will learn the essential and basic manufacturing and 2D design skills jewellers need.
With a high number of contact hours with a range of industry specialists and professional jewellers, students will gain an insight into the industry and take the first step towards developing the creative and technical skills required to become a jeweller.
By the end of the year, students will have a portfolio consisting of technical exercises achieved in manufacturing, assignments, and a sketchbook portfolio of design experimentation. This combined work should be sufficient for them to apply for a degree or diploma.
- You will learn to maintain and prepare the workshop
- Mark out and measure materials, use tools to cut, pierce and file jewellery and precious metal objects
- Use equipment to permanently join jewellery or silverware components
- Design and make models for use in lost wax casting (a process by which a sculpture is cast from an original sculpture in wax)
- Polish and finish it to industry standard
- Introduction to branding using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint as a tool
- Costing with Excel
- Introduction to Adobe Suite to create 2D images suitable for laser cutting and photo etching.
- Transfer hand drawn images into Illustrator to create accurate technical drawings.
- Understanding of Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) in jewellery context
- Research and respond to a brief
- Produce designs for production
- 2D drawing design
- Design critical thinking
- Maintain knowledge of the jewellery industry, allied trades and related technologies
- The history and social impact of creativity and it’s influence on design
- Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
Depending on your age and economic circumstances there are funding options available, such as learner support funds, bursaries and loans for learners aged 19+. To find out more, talk to one of our Student Services team on 020 3588 0520 or email email@example.com.
Full bursaries may be available for 16-18 years based in London, subject to availability and eligibility.
Funding may be available for learners ages 19 and up via the Adult Learner Loans scheme.
Contact admissions for more information.
Discounted rate for UK/EU Students aged 19+ with the Advanced Learner Loan
Privately funded UK/EU Students
About our diploma programme
1-to-1’s ensure that you get the individual support you need to flourish.
Tiffany & Co. and Goldsmith.